Saturday 9 October 2010

ONLINE CLASS!!!!

I'm very excited to announce that I will be running my first online class on Monday 18th October.

This class is to raise money so that our family can continue with Rainer's medical intervention and behavioural therapy. Currently, our Early Intervention funding through the Federal Government expires on 18th October. While this has been extremely beneficial, we would like the opportunity to continue along the path this funding has placed us on.

When Rainer was finally diagnosed in 2006, we made a decision as a family that I would "retire" from Secondary Teaching and become his full-time carer. It was more important to devote my time, energy and mental health to my own children, rather than others'. We dropped a wage, and our costs tripled as we searched for answers for a very misunderstood and poorly resourced condition.

I went through 4 General Practitioners, 2 Kinesiologists, 2 Speech Therapists, 2 Occupational Therapists, 1 Psychologist and 1 Dietician before things began to finally take shape with Rainer's recovery. There have been many mistakes made and promises broken in these 4 years, but I have no doubt there'll be many more!

Rainer has additional medical issues which exacerbate his condition. Most prominent are his Sensory Issues and gut health. These have a great effect on his behaviour which makes his attendance at school difficult. Hence, we have home-based behavioural therapy 4 afternoons per week following his morning sessions at our local regular school.

So, I am very excited to be able to put together what I think is a fab-o class for you!!!! Hopefully, the first of many.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT of the funds will go towards Rainer's therapy and intervention. I think you all know me by now to guess I won't go out and buy the new Monaro LOL

And we have some fab-o sponsors for this class
Firstly, my dear friend, mentor and just down-right hilariously creative girl...Ngaire Bartlam

Has donated a super cute canvas which I have been ogling for a wee while now.

Another beautiful soul, Krissy Christie of Wicked Princesses
Photobucket
is donating a special little pack of goodies.

Lisa Warren of Storyboard Kits and my fellow Scrapbook Creations Diva

is also donating a wonderful little pack of goodness from her new store.

And my dear old friend Melissa Arnold; Creative Memories Unit Leader extraordinnaire, has offered a great new embellie pack for one participant.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO DO......
Click on the PayPal button on the sidebar to purchase your class entry ticket.
**Once you click the REVIEW ORDER & CONTINUE button, there will be a link under the description of the class. Click on this link to nominate an email address to access the class.**
Google and Blogger accounts will have unlimited access to the class.
Those without these accounts, and who sign is as a Guest, will have access for one month from 18th October.

On the 19th November, I will close registration for PRIZES only. You can upload, etc after that date, but you will not be eligible for a prize....you'll just have my undying gratitude for participating!!! (almost priceless, don't you think? teehee)

Lots of cool little techniques to learn, some mad random machine stitching and loads of fun!!
Will post a full materials list closer to the date *wink*

Hope you can join me.

SPREAD THE WORD!!

13 comments:

  1. Hey Gi

    It didn't ask me for an email address.

    I would register with my gmail if I can still.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just paid too but didn't ask for email address either. Take care, Deb x

    ReplyDelete
  3. will get on to this as soon as I get some credit on my card! lol.......great LO Gigi! looking forward to it!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have paid for my class too honey! I cant wait mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gigi. Our family shares similar paths albeit a very different journey.I think you have MUCH to offer creatively and it my privilege to support you in your very first class.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey chick finally you are underway i will certainly be doing your class.I hope that you make alot from it.Is it okay to advertise on my blog too?Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. booked & paid :0) didn't ask for email anywhere but we'll get it sorted ;0) will pop add on my blog too. LO looks great & LOVE the mad sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. booked and paid for. It asked me for an email:) Look forward to the class Gigi. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. looking forward to the class Gigi. the LO looks awesome. Just paid up:) Hope it's a huge sucess for you.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gigi...brilliant idea! I've paid my money under TJ, but it didn't ask for an email addy either. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Gigi any we can do to be of assistance in your effort to raise a healthy boy is a wonderful thing!!!
    I will definately be signing up for your class and will add it to my blog too....
    Looking forward to it!
    Thank you!
    Hope this is the first of many classes for this purpose!
    Good Luck
    Take Care
    JOdi XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. okey dokey, paid up!!
    Just hoping I did it right,.....hmmmm there was a spot to put my email address, so hoping I did it right! So... will we get an email or...how do we 'see' the class??
    popped it up on my blog too Gigi!
    C U then!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gigi
    I have paid but did not ask for email addy
    Hopefuly I will be in the class, It is Mias 10th birthday tomorrow
    much love gorgeousxx

    ReplyDelete