Wednesday 7 October 2009

One Little Word

#61 OPEN

Lots of loveliness on this page.
Background done with Vivian Bonder in her ART JOURNAL SERIES CLASSES a while back.
I have a folder filled with images and textures from magazine pages.
Another inspiring collage artist is COREY MOORTGAT who wrote "The Art of Personal Imagery". I bought it while in Denver USA last year. Such an amazing array of techniques and very achieveable. She dedicates an entire chapter on collaging modern photos which is rare. Usually you have to scrounge for vintage ones.

I began with a photo of my stove/oven "WANDA...The Wonderful Westinghouse" (yep, need to get out more) and linked it to the idea that I seem to be forever tied to the bloody thing. So for me and the family, the cooking is OPEN ALL HOURS. Anything the kids want to cook, I'll cook it.

It's worked as now Mackinley can cook his own BACON & EGG MUFFIN for breakfast. Rainer can take his food from the frypan using either tongs or spatula and cut his food, pour water into his own cup and bring his plate back to the sink at the end.

For our family - FOOD IS HEALTHY AND POSITIVE. There is no "low fat", "no sugar", "diet" versions of anything. Everything is eaten well and in moderation....ummmm, okay, except DARK CHOCOLATE & RED WINE....they are my true vices!!

Thanks for visiting too. Your comments are very uplifting and I luves ya'all!!

5 comments:

  1. I remember your excitement when you got Wanda. Glad to see her in a LO. There is so much depth to your LO and what you and Wanda have achieved. Red wine and dark chocolates are full of antioxidants, so I think they are health food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is funky miss Gigi, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stuff as ALWAYS Miss Gigi!! Thanks for the love, and you went to Blossie's?That is my lss! we definitely need to get together-will try to arrange something REAL soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. megan Leslie from Bon's20 October 2009 at 8:34 pm

    clever chick!!
    love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Gigi!!!!

    Great to see you update again :D

    ReplyDelete