Wednesday 23 June 2010

Just like ChildBirth..

I call this layout, my full birthing experience.
"Oh Baby" - the Write Now challenge at Bon's Scraps.

I sang to it, did a little work on it, then left it alone. Came and worked a little more, got my hands dirty. Walked away.....okay, I'll stop the metaphor, you get the idea.




Nic Pomeroy is the newest DT member at Bon's and this is her first monthly challenge for us. We have to find an old photo of ourselves (hence my nutty uploading on FaceBook) and write some pertinent information for your younger self.
Here's what it began as....



a big mish-mash collage of papers from the Boy Kit. Lots of gesso, gel medium, mists, unbleached titanium white (my new favourite colour), lots of scraping with a baby comb and clear gesso to seal the lot.

Then you try and make it look perty LOL.

And this layout, I call False Labour.


I had everything out but it didn't really happen for me. I like it, just know it needed more.

And then there's the layout I can't show you which is for Scrapbook Creations Top Ten feature -- you'll have to wait...teeheee!!

A week or so ago, I spent a morning with this lovely lady with whom I share an interesting history.

She married a guy I went to school with and in the meantime we discovered we are born on the same day and in the same hospital. Needless to say, although I haven't spoken to her in a very long time, thanks to FaceBook, it was like yesterday!!

I made her get down and dirty.......SCRAPPING GiGi STYLE!!!




I really enjoyed our morning and it made me like to create and teach others to create. Thanks Meliss....

MUCH MORE TO COME....FROM THE EXPO TOO !!!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning as always Gigi! I love your style :)

    Krissy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that layout chick and fab banner .That music is shocking tee hee.Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it gigi.... you make me want to go and get out the paints and get dirty ;)

    xoxo Charmane

    ReplyDelete