Thursday 1 January 2009

a-new

Yes, everything is going to be focused on NEW in 2009.

I have my new word
NOURISHED

Rainer begins a new school (or two LOL) and has a fantastic NEW occupational therapist.

Mackinley begins a new year and has a NEW teacher (god help her! i've seen her class list, she'll need it!!)

I'm working on some NEW projects
I'M A TOP TEN GIRL FOR AN UPCOMING ISSUE OF SCRAPBOOK CREATIONS!!!! (yipee..)

and I've made some NEW year resolutions

(Thank you for those who have shared their NEW WORD for 2009. I think it's great that each of us has a focus for the year because sometimes lots of individual goals get lost in the busy nature of the year. )

I'll be stamping the words from 2008 and 2009 on my craft room wall (if DH lets me).

Here's another pic from the ScrapBoutique day that I need permission to upload first (you'll see why)
Me and the fabulously funny/hysterical/naughty KERRY MURRAY

Jolene Pienaar had made these truly decadent meringues with caramel in the centre. I suffer from loopy sugar overload now when I go to these crops. I just become too silly.

I scrapped too.
This is Peta's sketch challenge at Bon's Scraps

Chinese New Year is the same day as Australia Day this year. I hope the gang can all make it again. Angela organises a great night for everyone.

I went to visit Belinda's blog and found a link to this

on the American Crafts blog/gallery. Then had to go to the Williams' last night to see their new house and have NYE drinks. PERFECT INSPIRATION.
Came up with this...


in one day!!! How pleased was I with myself??? We filled it with chocolates which went down a treat after copious amounts of champagne (for me and Jo) and a big BBQ steak dinner. Yummo!

MORE BIRTHDAY GOODNESS
A lovely card from my friend Michele in San Francisco. Thank you my dearest. We met on a Contiki tour in 1992 and haven't missed many Christmases of writing since.

This is THE book Michael gave me the night of my birthday!

sooo special.

Maybe I should upload one piece of advice a week and let's see if we can be better women. You'd be surprised at how "modern" some of the advice is. I was pretty shocked that this was coming from women in 1913!!!

Absolute pearlers...

There are so many NEW CHALLENGES AND COMPETITIONS to dip into already this year. However, I will remain my NEW focused self and not give into temptation at the first whiff of a "dare you to do...". I'm hoping that the boys will settle into the new school year and for the first time in a long time, I can relax and breathe a little deeper.

I deserve it!!

NOURISHED....

4 comments:

  1. Love that gift idea and yours is gorgeous!

    My word for 2009 is Gratitude ... it's been around for a while but something I need to remind myself of to stay positive in amongst all the other stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey chick happy new year.That photo is too funny.You are a dag thats for sure.Stay Focused.

    Take care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just returned from out christmas and new year trip, but wanted to make sure I wished you a happy birthday!!! (sorry its late). Love the recent page!! Sugar overload.....hmm they look very yummy! Hope all is well with you, Raquel xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. always love reading your blog mumma gigi, you write so beautifully. I am going with "relax" this year, I think it will do me well thru a number of scenarios LOL. Decky is starting big school too eek!! hope I will cope LOL. Big hugs xxx Kate

    ReplyDelete