Friday 21 March 2008

Clearing the Backlog!!

HOLY GOOD FRIDAY!!

It must seem that I'm doing an awful lot of scrapping, but in reality these projects have been sitting on my table for weeks (or in my wee brain.....stewing, festering, morphing into something....else!) and only now that the fog of sick kiddies and long work days for Michael has cleared, I'm having a SCRAP-BURST!!

Another great Challenge Blog - WHITE WITH 1 (and I can never get enough of being challenged ~cough~). March criteria -- white (der!!), green and the word luck/lucky.
The Fab-o Mrs Trish and I at "Sing for Kids" last October:


and some close-ups:












and I've been toying with the Watercolour pencils again and a whole pack of BG white rub-ons. I think it really would have been a stand-out with gouache instead of watercolours...oh well. Nice change to have a softer boy layout. Need me one of those brushes you fill with water.


I upped the contrast so the rub-ons would stand out, but it hasn't quite worked. Ah well, some close-ups in the next post per-chance.
{{EDITED TO ADD THOSE PESKY CLOSE-UPS!!}}







Junior Soccer Season is fast-approaching. Michael took Mackinley to the fields to mark out the new Roo Ball fields and decided to stay and mow with a couple of other parents who came to help out. There are never enough volunteers I've noticed. Doesn't matter where you play and what you play, it's the same parents each week who are there from start to finish making sure the day runs smoothly and the club doesn't fold. And then you have the same number of parents who like to spend the season complaining about how badly run the club is. Well, they are always welcome to step in and run things the way they feel it should!!! SERIOUSLY! Put your time where your mouth is. A club always needs fresh ideas........or zip it and be thankful.

Phew. That felt good!!!

And listening to this band ALWAYS makes me smile. Took me ages to find on YouTube!!! This is one of those bands you wish you'd made time to see. There's always next time (hopefully).


brighter and buoyant.......

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the club volunterring, when we used to play netball my parents used to help every week yet the parents that didn't help used to complain non-stop. Grrr

    Both of your layouts are stunning Gigi, I love the title on the lucky layout and the rubons and watercolours are stunning too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU TELL EM G!!! HAPPY EASTER, HOPE YOU AND THE SCOTT FAMILY ARE HAVING A NICE BREAK. SEE YOU SOON, TAMARA (PS YOU'LL SEE ME COMING BEFORE I SEE YOU - ALL THE CHOCOLATE I HAVE CONSUMED WILL HAVE MADE IT'S WAY TO MY HIPS...AND THE EASTER BUNNY HASN'T EVEN BEEN YET...!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Layouts - love what you have done! I have been using my water colour pencils heaps lately and am loving the extra personal touch they give to layouts.

    ReplyDelete