Saturday 25 June 2011

School Holidays are here!!

I don't know about you, but with 2 boys and one with special needs ..and let's be honest here.... some very socially unacceptable behaviours, looking for things to do IN PUBLIC sends me into a tizz!!!

But this year I've made a conscious decision to be more BRAVE and take them out to interesting places but place some realistic time limits on Rainer's ability to cope with all the new sights, sounds and smells he might encounter.

I subscribe to The Organised Housewife newsletter and this week, Katrina gave some cracking links to holiday ideas. I've already copied a heap of activities for us to try out....and some will even fulfill Rainer's sensory requirements - added bonus.

Here is the link to The Organised Housewife
THE ORGANISED HOUSEWIFE

and tell Katrina I sent you.

Here's one project Rainer brought home from school that your kids will do these holidays

BUSH WEAVING
Firstly attach 4 twigs with twine, then wrap the frame in a zig-zag pattern. Collect all manner of greenery from the garden and just start weaving.
Pretty cool, right?
Looks super cool at the end of our hall on a stark white wall.
No doubt it will dry up and bits will begin to fall on the floor, but it's a great feature while it lasts.

Enjoy your break from routine everyone!!!
I will remember to enjoy the break and fill my days with boy-time and play-dates.....and just R-E-L-A-X.........

XX
GIGI

1 comment: