Tuesday 21 June 2011

Keeping Busy....

I've been having an absolute ball putting some canvases together the last few weeks.
Granted, it's been slow-going as life with my kids is non-stop, but I always manage to surprise myself with what I can achieve in a limited amount of time.

My Mum comes to help out every Thursday, and it really helps when she remarks that perhaps the artisitic gene in the family skipped a generation and that my artwork reminds her of her Father's (whose name was Giovanni, strangely enough). And as I created these canvases she told me stories of her childhood in Italy and of how when the Winter was over and the wall behind the stove was cleaned, her Father would not only clean and repaint, but also once drew the most amazing butterfly.....just because.

I may endeavour to include more butterflies in my artwork.

This one has a freakishly cool colour combo and will be available for sale soon.

I imagine this one will have a night-time theme to it...

And the next is a commissioned piece with an underwater theme....

I've been continuing my Design Diva commitments over at Scrapbook Creations magazine and was in love with this project.

And just so I don't forget that I'm a Mother, my children "ordered" a batch of home-made frozen yoghurt (with banana and peach) and for good measure, I threw together some blueberry sauce.
I can tell you now that 2 litres of the frozen yoghurt lasts about 2 days here....and with the current price of bananas - well, at least someone's eating well!!!

I am looking forward to the next few days of freedom before the boys begin their 2 weeks of holidays. It will give me a chance to get things ready for another online class to be run very shortly.

Details coming soon!!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you have been super busy and creative. I'm looking forward to the holidays so the anxiety and aggression just disappears :)Need that time with my girls to relax, refresh and renew before we start a crazy Term 3. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete