Friday 25 July 2008

corporate lunch....

Here's my baby!!



AEIOU's Corporate Lunch is on again. Michael went last year and was massively impressed (note: very hard to impress Michael) with the speakers, food and company and level of philanthropy that eventuated.

If anyone is reading this and has someone in the Brisbane area who would is looking to enter this rewarding venture of philanthropy, show them this invitation featuring my beautiful boy (courtesy of Rachel Richter).

Consequently, I've had time to do little else. I did a good 3 hours of "controlled sleeptime" with Rainer in the wee hours of Monday morning but thankfully he's slept through every night this week - barring the odd wake-up for a drink. We're in a holding pattern with the diet while we hook that worm but the recipe book has been a dream.

Raided Robins Kitchen today and bought a new set of measuring spoons, cups, a whisk, preserving jars, candy thermometer and meat mallet. I had to refrain from buying more. That's in next month's budget.

I also did some retail therapy yesterday... BECAUSE WE HAVE A SEASON IN BRISBANE!! Yep, I reckon it's officially COLD and WINTER. Took us a while but we made it. We're only guaranteed "coolth" until the end of August so better get out and get some value out of my recent purchases!!

A fabulous trench coat from Portmans. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the price!! Cheap as....... Looks fabulous (have I said that already???) and a new scarf, belt, and junk jewellery.

On Tuesday I went back to my oldest and dearest friend Sandra, to have my hair cut and to "remove" the highlights. Both Capricorns and so chatted up a storm in the hour or so appointment. I hadn't seen her for about 4 years!!!! Won't let that happen again!!

And I feel so much better for spending a little on myself. Not guilty at all. I feel I deserve it.

What have my other friends deserved lately????? I can't be the only Mum who has said to themselves "I will buy this/ do this / have this.." and NOT feel guilty!!!!

BELINDA....that layout's still on my table!! But it's all stuck down and ready to be attacked with pens, colour and other stuff. Hope you like, my friend.

brighter and buoyant......

2 comments:

  1. That photo of Rainer is adorable.

    Good on you for spending on you. I went scrap shopping and spent $90 the other day. Lol Felt like a lot as thats 6 weeks of "allowances" to me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Giig,
    A little retail therapy never hurts, and it's great to treat yourself..
    Chat soon
    Reneexx

    ReplyDelete