Thursday 24 April 2008

It's all GOOD ... again

except for the hot water system which is playing up something chronic!!! Mind you, the plumber (god bless all plumbers) said it was installed in 1984 and it 100 litres worth, so we've been doing really well with it.

problem is.....we're tearing the house down (really, really soon) so to buy another would be HORRIBLE!!! fingers crossed.

It's all good because....

I SCRAPPED - YAY!! It really pays to print off a load of photos at the beginning of the month when all the monthly challenges get posted.

Today it was 123.


1. Hand-made embellishment - while on the plane back to Brisbane and in my watercolour frenzy, I did the title block without this layout in mind. Love how it worked so well, even the colours!!
2. Paint/ink with household object (this is really popular at the moment) - I grabbed a clothes peg to make a flower-thingy. Mixed the acrylic with Iridescent Medium -yeah, just for something different (pmsl...)
3. Words April or Showers somewhere - used both "be SHOWERED with my love" and "Apr 08" in the journaling.


DESPERATELY trying to use up just about everything that's been in my stash for donkeys before more new stuff (yes, I've been naughty - hehe) arrives next week.

KEATING - THE MUSICAL
Haven't laughed myself to crying for such a long time. I'm so glad Kelly dragged me along. It was preview/a-list night and I wish I could rattle off a long list of the a-listers but either there was no-one famous there or I've just been so out of the loop, I didn't recognise anyone!! Bumped into the Fydler's which was a blast - they are the funniest couple. Love gas-bagging with them.

Anyway, the musical.....HILARIOUS!! It was obvious that they've been doing this for a couple of years now. Just so SPOT ON with mannerisms. The lyrics in all the songs were just hysterical or really thought-provoking and the arrangements were so varied, you just couldn't get bored (even if you DON'T like politics). Michael's seeing it later with Angela. He's a big fan of Keating but not musical theatre. Should be a good experience for him.

Rainer did the WHOLE day at C&K today!!! No melt-downs -- NOT ONE!! Was just waiting for the phone call all day...but nothing. And a good thing too. Nothing like teaching a kid with ASD that the minute he cracks up, Mum will come running - geez!! All credit to the teaching staff who really have put a monumental effort into transitioning Rainer into the group. And that's why I got to scrap today.

AND I booked my flights to Cairns. yep, the Scrap Therapy retreat is Labour Day long weekend and I'm so frigging excited I'm positive I'm going to forget to pack any scrapping stuff and just lay by the pool and drink cocktails!! Anyone want to join me???? Okay, I promise to come to the scheduled classes....but then you'll find me at the poolside bar - YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAY.

Lastly, Mackinley (the trooper) "won" another ANZAC badge this year. Three years running now. Not sure what the criteria is, but he now has 3, and boy is he proud.

Wait, I forgot to mention that I tweaked this layout....

It looked a little bare, so I added more BG rubons. Damn sight better...yes??

I would like to thank Ngaire, Lusi, Charm and Joelene who have really inspired me the last few months. Yes ladies, I've been dissecting your layouts and regurgitating in quite an interesting manner.

And just for the record, I'm soooo glad Robbie Buck is on in the mornings. Thank you Triple J management xxx

2 comments:

  1. Eh hem - did I here someone say "Cocktails by the pool"... :D
    hehe!

    I am so darn excited to meet you Gigi. I think we'll get on like a house on fire! ;)

    See you soon. (I'll keep saying that in each comment until I see you..lol)

    Belinda
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that top layout, I had no idea they were pegs. What a wonderful idea.

    Well done to your boys, I bet you are very happy.

    ReplyDelete