Saturday 16 February 2008

Yikes...where has the time gone?

Firstly, need to do some shameless "self-promotion" and neglect my very demanding tribe for the moment....

TODAY AT 1.30PM AT INKREDIBLE
(see link in sidebar)

come and get wet and paint!!!!

I've done THREE...count them again.... THREE samples so you can decide how adventurous you want to be today (hehe!!).

Some really cool techniques that you can use over and over again. One sample is the "Celebrate" layout I did for 123 Challenge in January, another on the Inkredible website newsletter and here are some sneaks of the third.



I've also been playing with the Kaisercraft mini books, papers and some 7Gypsies Texture Rubbing Borders. NOICE!!!! I've seen them in the shop, but wasn't sure how to use them, but so easy and so very GORGEOUS!!


My "Remains of a Day" is in the current Scrapbooking Memories magazine and I don't think I can put into words how satisfying it is. The DT work and all the other side projects I've been doing are also very satisfying (especially being involved in the forums) but there's something special about being published. But I know now that I'm only as good as my last layout/project, so I've been madly searching for new inspiration to challenge me more. I can get a little bogged down in the "now" to forget that there are some great artists and great products coming out.

Yes, terribly excited about the CHA releases!!

This Wednesday night at 6.30pm I'm back teaching at Inkredible for a BEESWAX CANVAS CLASS. I saw the wonderful work Jenni O'Connor did in Scrapbook Creations and just had to give it a go too. Then my Claudine Hellmuth Collage Art book arrived from Amazon.....and I think I'm hopelessly hooked. Michael wants me to open an etsy shop already LOL..

Last Monday I met with Nikala and the lovely Charlotte for coffee to buy her Xyron 900. I met Nikala ages ago when she did some family photos in Roma Street Parklands via Scrapbook City website (back in the day). We hadn't spoken IRL since then (August 06 I believe) but had exchanged complimentary comments on the net. It was the BEST 2 hours I've spent with a new friend in quite a while. It's lovely when you begin talking with someone and you say a lot of this.... "YES, I KNOW!!!" Much common ground shared and I hope we can get together again soon.

Have been very preoccupied with an "exit strategy" for Rainer as this is his last year at AEIOU but we have his IEP meeting this Wednesday and we're hopeful he'll transition into regular Kindy and Prep with great success. He's showing unbelievable progress so far this year so my spirits are soaring at the moment.

be brighter and buoyant.....

1 comment: