Thursday 4 October 2007

Counting down....

Yep, it's nearly here. The END OF SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!!! (Yay, moment of relief)

A quick glance at the mess that becomes my house during these special weeks - empty pantry/fridge/freezer/2nd fridge/drawers of clean clothes - reminds me that although we're busy and things never get finished, each holiday gets easier and easier. The boys are more settled and conditioned to the concept of "school holidays" and their behaviour just encourages me to go out more, try different things and just RELAX!!

Today I took the boys to Moffat Beach ALONE and although it's un-patrolled the boys didn't venture too far in. It drops into a channel quite quickly but today it was good. Naturally Rainer freaked when we had to go inside at about 10.30am and today I was really aware of the stares from others. What are they thinking? Do I really care? Better still....do I have TIME to care what they think!!

We got to Mez and Sarah's by about 11.30am and had a ball! Nice coffee, nice lunch, nice water play (no water restrictions on the Sunshine Coast!) nice drive home, although Rainer did crack up again when he figured we drove PASSED the beach! He gets so much of what's around him but says soooo little. He's a bugger alright!!

And this is on soon - Sing for Kids - another event raising funds for AEIOU.
This year Ricky Lee Coulter is the "talent" while the rest of us just use this event as an Up-market Karaoke Night!! It's hilarious fun. Can't wait.

Also, (drum roll please)..........

My first online class EVER thanks to Sonia at Forever Always. As you can see from the sneak peeks, it's a fun layout but you can do a serious topic too. Promise I won't make you all look like a fool....as I do in these photos LOL. Should be in a couple of weeks, so make sure you're registered at FA.

The October newsletter is up with a mini-album feature by Kye. Here's a mini I did for the altered tin.



And another for the joint celebration for my Dad, Oskar and Rainer's birthdays in July this year.



Have also entered the Last Scrapper Standing competition. (yes, sucker for punishment!!) 6 month contract up for grabs and some guest spots too. Wish me luck!!

Finished up at Bon's with my Guest DT spot. Had a ball. Off to announce the winner of the Patterned Paper Challenge. Was waiting till the dust settled from Bon's brother's bike accident. Unbelievable really! There are just some things that shouldn't happen in life...but he's good now. Relief all-round.

Here's Bon's Paper of the Month for October. Urban Lily.


Such a cool bit of pp to work with and Bon threw in a pack of Deja View boy rub-ons for me so I went to town! Mackinley "helped" too. I went to answer the door and he decided to keep going. Ooops!! He was so apologetic, I couldn't get mad at him. I think he did an okay job for someone who doesn't like scrapbooking!! Won't tell Michael though PMSL.

Cyber Crop challenges are due this Sunday. Really want to finish a couple of these too.

I'm just wondering where I'll find the time??????

BE STRONG....
p.s. Didn't make it through to the last round of the Scrap Therapy DT competition but the ladies that did have done an awesome job with their final round entries. Good luck and thanks to Nat for an awesome competition. Well run and the girls on site are great supporters of EVERYONE'S work - newbies and regulars! Thanks to all.

1 comment:

  1. All of your layouts are amazing Gigi, Lol at DS helping you with the rubons.

    ReplyDelete