Thursday 26 May 2011

cReaTivE tYPe + ART journal

My good friend Charmane Koch has a great forum called Chat with Charm. It's a one-stop-shop for just about every Blog/Manufacturer Challenge in Australia and overseas, including DT/CT Calls. Gotta love that!!!

Last week she ran a CyberCrop which gets you motivated to do some challenges and try new ones too.

Here are my picks from the CC.......

The lastest challenge over at The Creative Type is to use a word not from your native tongue. I cheated a little, coz my parents were born in Italy, but you know what.......it's not MY lingua franca.

I used The Polkadot Place kit that the beautiful Bridgette Hatton puts together each month.





WARNING....PROFANITY AHEAD!!
I love the challenges over at A Year in The Life of An Art Journal but rarely get around to them. Happy to report Idid this one and managed to get a whole lotta yuck off my chest.

I guess no-one takes abandonment very well. I generally try to empathise with the other person when they do things I find really really stoopid. This time though, I really didn't see it coming, and haven't spoken to her since. Time to let that pigeon fly away, never to return.

I hope you're enjoying this creative spurt as much as I am. I'll have some exciting news to share with you soon, and some canvases. Whheeeeee-heeeeeeee!!

Don't forget you can follow my blog via Google or FaceBook. Unlike some, I will share on both media continually. That's my new promise for 2011.

xx
gigi

6 comments:

  1. wow Gigi fantastic job on your page love how you have used the prima lace your title looks fab well done love it !! hey good on you with your journal woot woot feels good to get things like that off your chest, yesterday i could have yelled (offs) soo friggen loud because my girls were fighting over the kitten, but I kept those words in.. ! sigh i think the girls would have freaked out if i had of said it haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the layout..... stunning..... and OMG love that canvas with those 'get it off your chest' words on it...... i could definitely relate to that with some of my ex-friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Gigi!
    I can relate to your Yuck Page too! What is it with some people that they feel they can just dump you like that! I have two best friends that did that too me and both own scrapbooking shops beleive it or not! One was my bridesmaid! Both just dumped me! I have reached out over the years to reconnect, even with facebook how hard is it to stay intouch you know! They wont even confirm my friendship! I dont know what i have ever done to them, they have said nothing ever to me and i dont ever remember doing anything to warrent being treated this way! It reached a point where you just have to say that to them hey! There is alot of Power in those two words! Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous layout, love the brown lacy embellie. That art journal page is awesome - what a fabulous way to get those feelings out there - Love it. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good on you babe - i know how good this feels - getting it out there and off your chest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY!!! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete