Wednesday 25 February 2009

thank god for MAMBO!


It's such a wonderful part of the cultural landscape in Australia, that I'm sure our family's t-shirt stash will be much smaller if it was no more!!! We are unashamedly PRO-MAMBO here. We love the very delightful "middle finger" attitude they have to authority and their no-holds-barred approach to their art. We love the shirts and this summer, Mackinley got to choose his own. In our house, Reg Mombassa is a creative genius!!!

A major milestone for me today. It's Ash Wednesday and I sat through the entire Mass today without crying and having to leave. It's been about 18months now, but I think I've got it all under control. Toward the end of the Eucharistic Prayer, when it all goes quiet......realising the true meaning of sacrifice and suffering......that's when it all goes pear-shaped for me. Today I got a little choked up but held it together.

Fantastic.

My next test was going to be tomorrow at a Babes in Arms moving screening with Cara and baby Zac. Emotionally, I don't do very well in a room full of new babies. So clearly I'm not ready because I've been called to Rainer's Principal's office at that time. See, replacing one battle with another.

Rainer had a Bio-Energetic scan yesterday. Very non-invasive but very confronting when she began telling me all that was "chronic" in Rainer's system. Ouch. Needed big shoulders for that hour!! On the positive side Terri did say Rainer is the best autistic boy she's seen so far. Happy, engaging, smiling........was it relief or joy I was feeling? Not sure.

Have Bon's CC challenges all typed up and ready to tackle. Scrapping with Ngaire B this Saturday. I'm taking time out to be creative for the next week.....so lots of eye candy coming up.

Remember....

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love mambo! ;)
    Sending you some hugs across cyberspace. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEARLY had me in tears.. hugs chickee... your amazing.. i know i say that all the time .. BUT you are... wish u lived closer..

    love the mambo bag.. love your humour too... NOICE... hope u had fun with ngaire.. (sorry prob spelt that wrong..lol) its nice to escape kids hubby house.. anything that attaches us to the title of mother for a few hours.. keeps us sane..

    hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete